Join the Guild as a Studio Member (prior approval needed)
Membership – General Description
Membership is open all those interested in working with clay. Applicants must be 16 or older on October 1st of the current membership year. Memberships run from Oct 1st to Sept 30th,
Studio memberships taken after Dec 1st are adjusted from the approval date to the following Sept 30th, all to be paid in one payment (minimum $150). The “guild service” commitment hours prorate to 3 hours per month.
Studio Membership – $310/year
Attend monthly meetings, receive monthly email newsletter, vote on Guild matters. Eligible to participate in sales. 36 hours/year mandatory Guild service hours. Use of ClayWorks studio.
ClayWorks Studio is a Fragrance Free Environment
Please ensure that you meet the requirements prior to applying to be a Studio Member.
Requirements for Becoming a Studio Member
You should have at least 3 of the below before applying to become a Studio Member:
1. Do you have at least 3 years’ experience working with clay, either wheel or hand building?
2. Do you have at least intermediate level 1 according to ClayWorks curriculum charts?
3. Do you have the recommendation of a teacher at ClayWorks?
4. Are you an established potter (working with clay elsewhere) and have a portfolio to show off?
AND YOU MUST
Demonstrate thorough knowledge of how a clay studio operates! (safety, equipment, cleaning, glazing, ware handling)
Procedure for Approval
1. Read Clayworks Studio Policies
2. Fill in Online Form
3. Have interview with Studio Manager and one other
4. If you are accepted, you pay and you’re in!