Who can register?
- Classes are open to potters of all levels of experience, unless otherwise noted
- Must be 16+
When can I register?
- Registration opens a few weeks before the term starts. Keep an eye on this page, or subscribe to our mailing list to be kept in the loop.
- Registration is on a “first come, first served” basis, and spaces cannot be held. Classes that are undersubscribed 1 week before the first class will be cancelled.
What is included with my course fee?
- 30 hours of instruction on wheel and hand building techniques; classes with a large number of beginners will have both a lead instructor and an experienced assistant instructor access to Guild library of pottery/ceramic videos, books, and magazines.
- Can I practice before/after/between classes?
You can purchase an optional Student Membership which will give you access to the studio during the 10 week term of your class. Access is generally available 24/7 except when there are scheduled classes, workshops or guild meetings.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
You may cancel your registration 15 days or more before the first class, and receive a full refund.
No refund for cancellation 14 days or fewer before the first class, but you will receive a credit for the next session.
Please cancel as much in advance as possible, as classes often have waiting lists.
Classes have minimum enrollment requirements, and it is possible that an undersubscribed class will not run. Should this happen, you will be contacted (by email) one week in advance of the class and offered a space in an alternate class (if available), or a full refund of all fees paid.
What should I bring to class?
- notebook and pen
- a towel or an apron and wear old clothes and flat shoes, because you’re going to get a bit dirty! (Note: long finger nails may hinder working on the wheel and/or may be damaged by throwing.)
- your favourite tools (new students can purchase an “essentials” toolkit during registration).
- cash to purchase clay ($24 per bag, which includes glazing and firing. Important: ONLY clay purchased at the studio can be fired at the studio.)
Clayworks is a FRAGRANCE FREE studio. Please avoid using scented products before/during your time in the studio.
How do I get there?
Clayworks studio is located at 111 Sherwood Drive, Unit 3, in the east-most building of the Brantford Artisan’s Village complex. Click here for a map.