Welcome to the Brantford Potters’ Guild
Brantford Potters’ Guild and ClayWorks Studio during the Covid19 Pandemic:
Answers to questions from the Brantford Potters’ Guild board of directors:
(updated August 21 2020)
Is there Glenhyrst Exhibition for the guild?
Yes! We are on now. Please visit the show! Glenhyrst will run the show until September 27. Please see the Glenhyrst site for safety protocols when visiting the exhibition.
We are having Fall classes. We are offering only Adult classes, no Kids Class or Youth Wheel and no Mini classes at this time. The classes will begin the week of September 21st. They will be limited to 10 students each. The registration will go online on August 31st. There will be Covid 19 protocols, including masks, in place. The classes we are offering are:
Before you register please read:
Covid 19 Protocols for adult classes:
- Please do not enter the studio if you are experiencing any Covid 19 symptoms or feel at all unwell.
- There will be NO out of class hours practice time available for the Fall session.
- 10 Students will be allowed for each adult class with the proper social distance of six feet apart.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Each wheel will have a rinsing bucket and sponge. Congregating at the sink is to be avoided. Use the rinse bucket well.
- Students who want to hand build can access the tables, one at each table, managed by the instructor if there happens to be more than 2 who would like to hand-build.
- The glaze area can handle 2 to 4 people. The instructor will manage their class strategies so that the need to glaze doesn’t cause back up.
- The washroom: the washroom is open and accessible. There will be spray bottles of cleaner available. Students will be required to do a quick clean of toilet seat, flush lever, paper towel dispenser lever, taps and door handles after using the washroom.
- Contact tracing. We are required to keep an accurate record of who is in the building at all times. Instructors will be required to keep attendance and the students will have to sign in as well. Instructors too must sign in and out. Full names and telephone numbers will be required.
- Teaching methods: Teaching strategies will have to have more demonstration at a separate wheel and more asking the student to step back to watch something on their own wheel.
- Tools: Students are encouraged to bring their own tools. The Health Unit has advised us not to share tools. A tool must be sterilized before it can be passed to another person.
- After Class Cleaning: Cleaning is more important than ever. Each student must clean and disinfect their area: wheels, tools, near by shelves and floor thoroughly.
- All students should bring a covered container to take home trimmings and scraps. There will not be a ‘reclaim bucket’ at the studio. You may not discard clay in the garbage receptacles.
- It may be prudent for you to include hand sanitizer and paper towels in your tool kit.
Safety protocols must be adhered to at all times. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, have any symptoms (fever, difficulty breathing, upset stomach, cough) do not enter the studio. Hand sanitizer is located throughout the studio. Upon entrance and when handling studio items, sanitize your hands using the sanitizer provided. MASKS ARE MANDATORY. A limited supply of disposable non-medical masks are available if you have forgotten yours – they are not optional.